Location: One of Spaces’ youth centres. Some home working is possible, to be negotiated.
SPACE is an ambitious and innovative charity, driven by our values and seeking to support even more young people by developing current and new services. Our employees strive to achieve the best they can and must be committed to seeing the best in others. We value everyone's contribution and create safe spaces for exploration and growth.
Do you want to help us unlock potential with young people and their communities? Do you love a challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity for a coordinator to maintain training records, support the analysis of training needs and the administration of internal and external training courses.
What is the role?
• Maintain internal records for training and CPD
• Coordinate, plan and book training for internal and external courses
• Support the development of the external training offer
• Support and administer the work of the training team
• Present data and maintain systems
• Market research
Who we’re looking for
• You have experience coordinating projects across an organisation and with external partners
• You have analytical and presentational IT skills to communicate data effectively
• You get things done collaboratively within a team
• Able to work autonomously and with multiple leads
• Knowledge of Youth Work qualifications desirable but not essential
You may be required to attend meetings at any of our centres or online and be comfortable with both in person and remote working
As part of our ambitions to improve equality and diversity, we would particularly welcome applications for this role from those who identify under any of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010, which include race, age, disability, gender, religion or belief, and sexual orientation.
What we offer
• Annual leave: 5 weeks for the first 5 years then additional days depending on length of service (pro-rata’d for part-time roles)
• Additional 3 Statutory days given between Christmas and new year plus bank holidays
• Pension contributions starting at 6% rising to 8% in the third year
• Employee assistance programme 24/7
• Free on-site parking - dependent on base centre
• Casual dress code
• Flexible schedule
• Social occasions
• Continuous Professional Development: Formal and informal training opportunities
• Enhanced sick pay
• Trained wellbeing champions available for a chat
• Chromebook and work mobile
• Value-driven culture
How to apply
At SPACE, we work with young people and are fully committed to ensuring their safeguarding and welfare is a priority at all times. As part of our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures, all of our employees, contractors and volunteers will be expected to comply. Upon a conditional offer of appointment being made, all employees will also be required to satisfy our pre-employment screening process which will include:
• An identity check (photo ID)
• Receipt of satisfactory references cover for 3 years to current
• Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK
• A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Please read the job description and apply with your CV and supporting statement, describing your passion for this role even if you don’t feel you meet every point in the description.
If you’d like an informal discussion about the role, please contact Victoria Stoker on 07590639431 or for more information please visit www.spaceyouthservices.org.
To apply for this post please download and complete the attached supporting statement and return along with your CV either via email to email@example.com or post to DYS Space Ltd, 100 Club, Wear Barton Road, Exeter, Devon EX2 7EH
Interview Date: Friday 9th September at 100 Club, Wear Barton Road, Exeter EX2 7EH (Depending on current Covid guidance, these may be in person, by phone / video / online - details will be given at offer of interview).
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevonTorridge
- Occupational GroupYouth & Community
- Salary Details
£20,500 - £23,000 FTE (£13,852 - £15,54 for 25 hours per week)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
25 - 37 hours to be negotiated
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required