Location: Newton Abbot
SPACE is an ambitious and innovative charity, driven by our values and seeking to support even more young people by developing current and new services. Our employees strive to achieve the best they can and must be committed to seeing the best in others. We value everyone's contribution and create safe spaces for exploration and growth.
Do you want to help us unlock potential with young people and their communities? Do you love a challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity for two Senior Youth Support Workers to work as part of our Exeter team. The work will be 37 hours per week, and will include evenings and occasional weekends.
What is the role?
● Centre and street based youth work delivery
● Delivering 1:1 youth work support and targeted group work
● Working alongside experienced and motivated colleagues
● Delivering fun, creative activities and supporting the youth work curriculum
● Leading sessions and supporting others
● Working collaboratively with partners
Who we’re looking for
Our Newton Abbot youth centre has multiple spaces and is a vibrant busy youth centre. Although not essential we are keen to hear from candidates with experience, knowledge or interest in: music performance &/or music production.
● Communicating with people – including people you don’t know.
● Working well together – committed to team working
● Creative and skilful - contributing your ideas
● Organised and thoughtful - facilitating/ planning/ evaluating
● Interested in the issues faced by young people
● Committed to anti oppressive practice
● Committed to learning and development
As part of our ambitions to improve equality and diversity, we would particularly welcome applications for this role from those who identify under any of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010, which include race, age, disability, gender, religion or belief, and sexual orientation.
What we offer
● Annual leave: 6 weeks for the first 5 years then increased to 7 weeks (pro-rata’d for part-time roles)
● Additional 3 Statutory days given between Christmas and new year plus bank holidays
● Pension contributions starting at 6% rising to 8% in the third year
● Employee assistance programme 24/7
● Casual dress code
● Social occasions
● Continuous Professional Development: Formal and informal training opportunities
● Enhanced sick pay
● Trained wellbeing champions available for a chat
● Chromebook and work mobile
● Value-driven culture
At SPACE, we work with young people and are fully committed to ensuring their safeguarding and welfare is a priority at all times. As part of our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures, all of our employees, contractors and volunteers will be expected to comply. Upon a conditional offer of appointment being made, all employees will also be required to satisfy our pre-employment screening process which will include:
● An identity check (photo ID)
● Receipt of satisfactory references cover for 3 years to current
● Documentary evidence of right to work in the UK
● A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
How to apply
Please read the job description and apply with your CV and supporting statement, describing your passion for this role even if you don’t feel you meet every point in the description.
If you’d like an informal discussion about the role, please contact Steff on 07764 326414 or for more information please visit www.spaceyouthservices.org.
To apply for this post please download and complete the attached supporting statement and return along with your CV either via email to email@example.com or by posting to DYS Space Ltd, 100 Club, Wear Barton Road, Exeter, Devon EX2 7EH
Interview Date: 28th February 2023 (at The Station Youth centre, Newton Abbot)
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTeignbridgeDevon
- Occupational GroupYouth & Community
- Salary Details
JNC: unqualified scale pt 9 - 10, qualified scale pt 10 - 13: £21,814 - £25,756 FTE
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required