Location: Usually based at a Trust School (Plymouth or Torbay), with hybrid working available
Role: To support the IT Manager in ensuring that the IT team provides a high-quality support service to staff and pupils
Connect Academy Trust
Connect is at a truly exciting juncture. Our 5 large, successful, and inclusive Plymouth Schools have recently been joined by Cockington Primary, Preston Primary and Eden Park Primary in Torbay. As a result, the Trust is educating 3300 children, operating 3 specialist SEN support centres as integral parts of our 8 schools, and providing support and development for over 400 staff.
The successful candidate will:
• have a high standard of education, GCSE/equivalent grade C or above in English and maths alongside a successful completion of an IT apprenticeship, NVQ or similar IT qualification
• be experienced configuring and supporting switches, routers and firewalls.
• have good working knowledge with Microsoft 365 environments, including Exchange, Teams and SharePoint administration.
• be able to work both independently and collaboratively with ease
• be flexible and able to adapt to the changing demands on the IT team
• have the ability to problem solve IT issues working to deadlines and fast turn-around times
Key responsibilities will include:
• Support the IT Manager in the development of an efficient and effective IT support service for the Trust
• Act as a second line support for all IT calls across the Multi Academy Trust, liaising with the first line and IT Manager as appropriate
• Aid in the implementation of new projects and technologies under the guidance of the IT Manager
• Provide training for the first line IT team across the MAT.
• Assist in the use of IT within the school environment through the maintenance of IT software, hardware, and related peripherals
• Develop quality relationships with all users of IT facilities
We can offer you:
• A highly supportive IT team invested in your growth and professional development
• A Trust culture that promotes diversity, equality and social justice
• A supportive approach for all staff and an innovative approach to appraisal
Connect is fully committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS criminal record check.
If reading this inspires you to find out more about our schools and be part of an ambitious ang growing Trust, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a full application pack. You can also book an informal discussion with the IT Manager Charles Morris if you wish.
Please apply by midday on the closing date.
Interview date: will be soon after the closing date.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationPlymouthTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupITEducation Support
- Salary Details
£26,975-£30,095 per year
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required