Location: South Devon, Teignmouth
Our supported living services are situated in the seaside towns of Dawlish and Teignmouth, there are 3 services, each with its own unique character formed by the amazing young adults that call these home. Our Outreach offers support within the community, in individuals’ own homes.
The service you will be overseeing is located in Teignmouth and offers support for up to 10 young adults in individual supported living flats, as well as outreach support
As a Senior Support Worker, you will be overseeing staff and supporting young adults with a variety of different needs, including learning disabilities, ASD, and complex needs that may be associated with behaviours that challenge. Working with these incredible young adults is highly rewarding and gives you the opportunity to make a positive impact in their daily lives and future plans.
• To promote the welfare, safety, personal development and well-being of the individual’s receiving support from the Company as well as the staff team.
• To ensure that the support provided is person centred, consistent and promotes independence.
• To provide team members with day to day support, encouragement and professional advice. Assist with the personal and professional development of team members and provide an effective link between individual’s we support, team members and management.
• To oversee rota’s and staff communications.
We are looking for:
• Individuals that are robust, resilient, and not afraid of the challenges that working in support can bring.
• A minimum of two years' experience in working with young adults in a supported living/care setting is essential.
• Experience of supervising staff desirable but not essential
• NVQ3 certificated or in progress at time of application.
• Knowledge of relevant legislation; working procedures and be able to demonstrate sound communication and leadership skills.
• Individuals who are flexible, understand the 24 hour nature of the sector and are willing to work on a shift basis including sleep-in’s/On Call
Let us invest in you!
At Phoenix we are proud of our Learning and Development department and the level of investment we place in it to ensure our team members have the excellent level of training they need in order to do their essential roles.
Plus we take great pleasure in presenting opportunities for your personal growth by giving opportunities to gain qualifications taught by industry leading professionals so that you can have a future with us and stay with our #OnePhoenixFamily
What you will get from us:
Not only will you be working with a fantastic team and culture that is supportive, energetic, proactive and enthusiastic, you will also get office/admin time plus the below industry leading benefits.
• Free Blue Light Card
• Employee Assistance Programme
The below benefits are available after 12 months of employment:
• Life Assurance (x2 of the basic salary)
• Critical Illness Cover
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
*Based on a full-time contract and inclusive of additional sleep-in allowance
** Plus sleep in and scheduled ‘on-call’ shifts
For further information and to apply please visit Phoenix Learning & Care Careers (phoenixlearningcarecareers.co.uk)