With Devon County Council strategic procurement you will be part of a supportive and skilled team. We work collaboratively with DCC services and partners using a Category Management approach.
The role fits within the Council’s strategic procurement service and offers opportunities around Economy Enterprise & Skills, ICT Technology & Communications, People services, partner agency support, wider procurement disciplines and overall value for money.
The service is closely supports the Council’s priorities which include digital transformation, infrastructure and the built environment, People services and Public Health, and Business Operations procurement support.
- Working Council wide in delivering sustainable futures;
- Supporting ICT and digital transformative change;
- Working as partner with People services and Infrastructure operations to support growing requests for procurement support.
- Lending procurement support for strategic priorities such as Devon’s climate change response, social value, digital transformation as examples.
- Increasingly providing procurement services for partner organisations locally for mutual benefit through collaboration.
We are seeking an additional Senior Procurement Officer to support these initiatives and more. We are seeking ambitious and energetic procurement personnel to join our team and develop your career paths as part of our team.
Devon supports agility and innovation through great technology and flexible work practices, celebrates diversity and welcomes flexible working practice.
We are looking for:
We seek proactive procurement professionals to join the team who can bring practical solutions and businesslike approach. We seek procurement personnel to bring strategic thinking into practical reality and work closely with our team, with clients and partners to benefit the people of Devon.
Working in collaboration with colleagues across the Council and beyond, you will be professional, organised, bring vision and highly motivated. You will possess relevant procurement qualifications or be part qualified and willing to further advance. MCIPS qualification would be advantageous albeit not mandatory.
You will have relevant procurement / commercial expertise for the role and bring a sound knowledge of the procurement legal framework and the ability to convey practical guidance to others.
For an informal discussion, please contact Gavin Punchard at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone 01392 383 000.
Internal Applicants, please note: If you are an existing DCC employee, please use your iTrent Employee Self Service (ESS) details to log in and apply.
Please click Apply Now to see the Job Description.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working - The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupProcurement
- Salary Details
£37,336 - £41,418 per annum + market supplement
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required