Internal DCC Employees Only
Do you want to make a difference in people’s futures?
Build a career in pensions. Come and work for us.
Come and join our front-line service team and help us calculate, support and pay our scheme members their pensions. Our Technical & Training team will help you learn all you need to know about the Local Government Pension Scheme in order to undertake these roles efficiently.
A role where no two days are the same, you will use your attention to detail and excellent customer service skills to provide our clients with exceptional service and excellent verbal and written communication.
In return, you will be offered the following:
- competitive pay,
- excellent local government pension scheme, including death in service benefits,
- flexible working, allowing for balance between your work and personal life
- full training and support from our dedicated training team and our administration teams
- learning and development opportunities to further your career within an industry-leading organisation,
- access to our 24 hours a day, 365 days a year employee assistance programme,
- Employee discounts program
- 22 days annual leave rising to 27 after 5 years’ service and then increasing in increments to a maximum of 30 days at 20 years’ service. On top of this, colleagues will be given the 3-day period between Christmas and New year as paid time off as well as bank holidays.
In both Member Services and Employer & Comms department, we ensure the efficient and accurate delivery of all pension information and administration to members and potential members of schemes administered by Peninsula Pensions. We have a team of colleagues brought together from many different paths including legal, finance and straight from school, we provide a workplace that encourages and enhances people to become the best of themselves, using a standard of Devon County Council’s core principles and behaviours.
As a Senior Pensions Technician, you will join a team of professionals working together to serve in excess of 650 employers. We provide a high-quality, comprehensive, end-to-end pension administration and pension payroll service for over 200,000 scheme members. Peninsula Pensions is provided by Devon County Council and is a shared service with Somerset Council. As well as looking after the administration needs of employers and scheme members of the LGPS we also administer the Police and Firefighters’ Pension Schemes for Avon & Somerset Constabulary and Gloucestershire Fire & Rescue Service respectively. Whilst you will be working as part of one team, you will be responsible for your own client tasks & will report to the Team Manager/Senior Team Manager.
Our purpose is to provide employers and members with a quality service. This entails providing an accurate, timely and personal member-focussed service, explaining and presenting benefit entitlement & processes simply and clearly. We strive to make best use of technology to enable an efficient and cost-effective service, providing direct access online to as much information as possible through our Member self-service portal.
We embrace a workplace culture that is honest and productive, providing an environment where you are able to challenge and suggest new ways of working more efficiently and cultivating learning and progression within our business.
We are recruiting for 3 roles:
- Employer & Communications Team – secondment
- Member Services Team - Benefits – secondment
- Member Services Team – Member Support – permanent – full time only
Part time working hours will be considered dependant on the role. Please state your role preference/s.
Please note there may be a short presentation required for some roles at the interview.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working - The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
Interview Date: 10th October 2023
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupPayroll & Pensions
- Salary Details
£26,357 To: £29,439 pro rata, per annum
- Job TermPermanentFixed
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
37 hours per week (part time will be considered dependant on the role)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required