We are recruiting a Senior Legal Assistant to join our Team.
Life can be fast paced in this team, and the work is interesting and varied. Duties will include drafting highway and planning agreements, progressing traffic orders and supporting the team with land acquisitions and disposals.
No two days are the same in this unique, friendly, hardworking and dynamic team.
If you have a desire to give something back to the community, Devon County Council could be the place for you.
We are looking for an individual with excellent written and verbal skills who has experience of working in a legal department and a legal qualification. Previous Local Government experience is desirable but not essential, however you must demonstrate that you have a keen interest in working in the public sector.
As for the team, we work together, problem solve, and share expertise, knowledge and experience so that every team member can thrive. Everyone is supported to achieve their full potential.
Alongside remote working, there is an expectation that the postholder will attend the office regularly including for meetings and team meetings in person.
Why work with us?
You'll be working for an authority in one of the most beautiful parts of country and we want you to have time to enjoy it. That’s why we offer part agile working and flexible start and finish times (subject to department need) so you can balance work with the things that really matter. We also offer 26 days paid annual leave (rising incrementally to 34 days based on length of service), plus Bank Holidays. In addition we offer a generous Local Government Pension Scheme and access to a discounts scheme.
To find out more about legal services at Devon please see https://new.devon.gov.uk/workingfordevon/work-in/professional-and-support-roles/legal-services/
3rd March 2024
w/c 11th March 2024
For an informal discussion please contact Megan Cross on 01392 383000
(Prospective applicants only please, no advertisers)
Internal Applicants, please note: If you are an existing DCC employee, please use your iTrent Employee Self Service (ESS) details to log in and apply.
Please click Apply Now to see the Job Description.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working - The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.