Senior Legal Assistant (Ref 4584)
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- £26,357 - £29,439 per annum
We wish to recruit a senior legal assistant to work within our busy childcare support team. The main requirement of this post is to assist solicitors in managing their caseloads, examples of which may be setting up remote Court hearings, requesting Court directed disclosure, liaising with children’s services colleagues and liaising with external agencies.
The postholder will have achieved a good standard of general education, with GCSE grades A to C (or equivalent) in English and Maths.
The postholder will also have obtained or be working towards the Institute of Legal Executives Diploma Level 3 or similar qualification.
Good interpersonal skills are essential as are ICT skills with usual Microsoft Office packages and the ability to be administratively self-sufficient
The post is remote, however, there may be occasions when office attendance is required.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.