Learn Devon are looking for a Senior Finance Administrator to manage Learn Devon’s finance team and provide high quality finance support and reporting across the service, including to senior managers, and funding bodies.
You will have excellent Excel skills, be well organised and have the confidence to work on your own initiative, prioritising workloads around deadlines.
You will be a team player who can bring out the best in those around them, leading the finance teams own self-assessment and quality improvement processes, and supporting these activities across the wider service.
The role includes
– Budget setting and monitoring.
– Preparing detailed financial reports for senior leadership team and external reporting to the local authority and grant funding bodies.
– Financial administration including knowledge of reconciliations, Petty Cash and month end and year end processes.
– Ensuring financial processes are in place to support service planning
– management of shared Finance mailbox.
– Commitment to ongoing professional development.
Learn Devon works across the county to provide a range of formal qualifications and informal learning opportunities. These are delivered by our own tutors and through our work with partner organisations. Although part of Devon County Council, the work is funded by external funding bodies, with much of the work funded by the Education and Skills Funding Agency. You can find out more about us by visiting our website www.learndevon.co.uk
Contact Jenna Harris on 01392 383000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupFinance & Accounting
- Salary Details
£24,432 - £27,514 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required