This is an exciting opportunity to support people to live as independently as possible and to lead fulfilling and healthy lives in our Devon communities. Our commissioning team supports young people becoming working age adults with a range of disabilities, older people and people with mental health needs.
We are looking for someone who is motivated to make a positive difference for people, with experience of developing and delivering improvements to how people are supported.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work flexibly across the adult social care and health agenda, and with a wide range of partners, including health, providers, District Councils and people, their families/carers. The initial responsibilities of the successful applicant will include leadership of the strategic commissioning of Devon care homes to ensure that they are in the right place, provide quality and cost-effective support for people across the wider housing pathway. Specific immediate responsibilities include:
Inform and develop the complex care and dementia strategy;
- Support the Council meet the requirements of the Adult Social care reforms;
- Engage and co-deign future services within our independent care sector; and
- Lead on the contracting frameworks for care homes.
Interview will be on 12th August
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
If you’d like to talk through the post and have any questions, please feel free to contact me by email to arrange an informal chat: firstname.lastname@example.org