This post will be paid within the Main Pay Scale 4-6 or Upper Pay Scale, dependant on experience.
Required for January 2023, we are looking for a passionate, talented and experienced classroom practitioner to join our dynamic organisation. The successful candidate will lead a Year 3/4 class and take on the role of Senior Teacher and its associated responsibilities. The role would suit a teacher with a real ambition to develop their career further and support others to reach their full potential, whilst developing their knowledge of whole-school leadership. In an exciting period of change for the school, the position offers an opportunity for the candidate to support the implementation of a curriculum that aims to enable all children to become the best version of themselves.
The Trust offer the prospect of teaching in a range of settings, being empowered to develop your own expert knowledge and skills and the chance to support others in their professional journey. You will be part of a proficient team dedicated to improving the outcomes for all our children, where your work-life balance will be promoted. We offer you the support of clear systems, protocols, expectations and structures to help you to succeed within the role.
You will need to be an inspirational and reflective practitioner who shows initiative, resilience, creativity and demonstrates the aptitude and professionalism to work as part of a successful and growing team that is driven to improve the life chances of our pupils. We expect you to effectively liaise with parents, stakeholders and the community. The School leaders will recognise and develop your expertise and skills to ensure career development.
We want you to come and join our positive learning environment, where our consistent vision is that through collaboration we will always be ‘Stronger Together’.
What we are looking for in a candidate is:
• A commitment to developing your own practice through engagement in professional learning in order to effectively implement the most current teaching strategies.
• An understanding of how pupils learn and real commitment to provide and maintain high-quality indoor and outdoor learning opportunities.
• A recognition of our amazing children; nurturing, supporting and challenging them, meeting their needs to ensure they have independent learning behaviours that will see them prepared for their future learning journey.
• An ability to see the best in all and promote positive behaviours at all times.
• A clear desire to engage with the wider school community and develop meaningful links.
• A cheerful, fresh and creative approach to giving the children under your care the best version of yourself.
• Some previous experience of leadership within a school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for this post.
If you wish to visit prior to application, a warm welcome awaits you. Please contact the school office to make an appointment on 01647 24817.
For an application form and job description, please see the school website https://www.cheritonbishop.thelink.academy/web/vacancies/604312
Completed applications should be emailed direct to the Trust HR Officer, Sue Howard at email@example.com by 12 noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: w/c 17 October 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationMid DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Primary & Early Years
- Salary Details
Main Pay Scale 4-6 or Upper Pay Scale, dependant on experience
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required