Required to start ASAP
About the role:
We are looking to recruit an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Senior Childcare Practitioner, who will become a proactive member of our Ofsted-registered Kidzone team. You will play a crucial role in assisting the Childcare Manager in delivering fun, interesting and engaging day-to-day activities, and a high standard of care, for the children at Westbank's Kidzone After School & Holiday Club, Pre-School and Play Group services. Part of this role also involves deputising in the absence of the Childcare Manager, ensuring the service continues to run smoothly, with the same high-quality care given to the children.
Westbank is an award-winning, Devon-based registered charity established in 1986 and became a company limited by guarantee in 2007. The organisation was originally set up to provide practical and emotional support to people in the villages along with west bank of the River Exe. The organisation now works with communities and individuals across Devon.
Westbank provides many varied services to individuals across Devon, including Volunteering & Community Support Services, Gym & Fitness, Kidzone, Hospitality & Conferencing Services and Day Centre Services. We also deliver a Diabetes Prevention Programme and Devon Carers, providing support to over 22,000 unpaid carers of all ages.
As the Senior Childcare Practitioner:
- You will assist the Childcare Manager in delivering day-to-day activities at Westbank’s Kidzone After School & Holiday Club, Pre-School and Play Group services;
- You will provide stimulating activities and a high standard of care for children aged between 3-12 in a safe, secure environment;
- You will deputise in the absence of the Childcare Manager, by being the main point of contact for all users of our Kidzone department;
- You will take and manage bookings and communication with parents and carers, through a variety of communication methods;
- You will assist in overseeing a successful, high-quality child care provision, ensuring Ofsted standards are being met and maintained.
What we offer:
- An excellent rate of pay and hours to help you achieve a better work-life balance;
- A generous allowance of 25 days of annual leave (pro rata) a year plus bank holidays;
- Sick pay following successful completion of probation period;
- Free use of our fully equipped, on-site gym, with free parking available;
- Discounts for our on-site Kidzone (After School & Holiday Clubs and Pre-School);
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Access to a 24/7 confidential advice line for staff including advice on everyday matters, debt and financial advice, legal and tax advice as well as family care advice.
What we are looking for:
We will be shortlisting on the following criteria, so please make reference as to how you meet these in your covering letter, ensuring similar work examples are included:
- Level 3 Childcare Qualification, or NVQ in Play Work, or equivalent;
- An understanding of the Play Work Principles and Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum;
- Previous experience of caring for, or working with, children aged 3-12 in a voluntary or paid capacity;
- Health & Safety, Food Hygiene in the Workplace and Paediatric First Aid Certificates (training will be offered);
- Experience of leading after school / holiday club sessions;
- Enthusiasm for giving the highest possible quality care and educational opportunities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with colleagues, parents, carers and children;
- Previous experience of teaching in a Pre-School setting (desirable).
To help us better evaluate your suitability for the role, please submit an application form, or an up-to-date CV, with a covering letter, ensuring you use the shortlisting criteria above to demonstrate how your previous experience makes you a stand-out candidate for the role, and send to: email@example.com
Our charity is committed to supporting inclusion and diversity in everything we do, so we encourage all candidates who meet the requirements to submit their application.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Westbank is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is, therefore, subject to an Enhanced DBS check.