Devon Youth Justice Service, formally known as Devon Youth Offending Service are looking for a Senior Administrative Assistant.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team who take pride in delivering a high level of administrative support to a child focussed service.
We require a dedicated, enthusiastic and proactive person with excellent communication skills who has the ability to work as part of a team.
Experience of using Office 365 applications such as Outlook, Teams, Word and Excel is essential, as is experience or willingness to take notes at multiagency meetings.
You will need to be flexible in your approach due to changing daily priorities within the service.
As well as the above this role includes:
- Reception duties
- Monitoring and acting on incoming emails
- Answering and dealing with phone calls
- Supporting colleagues and managers within the service
- Data inputting
- Dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Managing financial transactions including raising purchase orders, paying invoices and dealing with petty cash.
Interviews will take place on Friday 21st October 2022.
If this role interests you, please contact Michelle Fairchild (firstname.lastname@example.org – 01392 380253 for further information.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£20,444 - £22,571 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required