Mayfield Special School educate pupils with SLD, PMLD and pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. The school is operational on three sites which are 12 miles apart.
We are currently seeking an exceptional individual to join our teaching team at Mayfield School in Torquay to Lead our Secondary Department from 1st January 2024. Mayfield School is a cross phase special school for pupils with SLD, PMLD and SEMH and is based across three sites.
As Secondary Departments leader of our School Site, under the direction of the Headteacher and wider SLT, you will take lead responsibility to secure:
• High-quality teaching
• Effective use of resources
• Improved standards of learning and achievement for all.
Here at Mayfield our core ethos is to support the ongoing development of every pupil's EHCP needs in a safe, nurturing and happy environment where we are all 'Learning Together to be the best that we can be'.
You will have:
- Expert knowledge of the primary and secondary curriculum
- Qualified teacher status
- A passion for working with children with Special Educational Needs.
- An ability to build effective working relationships with staff and pupils.
- A drive for improving the outcomes of the children in your care.
- Experience of working in a Special School setting, would be a distinct advantage.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate: high expectations of achievement, a vibrant and creative approach to learning, commitment to excellence and outstanding outcomes in both academic and emotional and social development and an ability to develop positive relationships with the children.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and other stringent safeguarding checks.
To apply please visit https://www.tes.com/jobs/vacancy/-1917139
Only application received via Tes.com will be checked.
CV's will not be accepted in replacement of an official application form
Please apply by 10am on the closing date.
If applications are high, we may close this advert before the published closing date, so please apply ahead of the scheduled closing date to be assured your application is seen.
Shortlisting and Invites will be sent 11th-13th October 2023
All candidates will be required to provide two references which will be taken up if shortlisted but before interview.
Interview Date: w/c 16th October 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevonTorquay
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - SecondaryTeaching - Special & Other
- Salary Details
MPS - UPS (plus TLR and SEN points) depending on experience
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required