The main responsibility of the job is to help and support the Science teaching staff, enabling efficient and effective lessons to be prepared and packed away by producing the equipment, materials and resources they require: keeping this equipment in clean, good order, appropriately stored and available on request, with appropriate associated recording and logging.
- Under direction and supervision, co-ordinate the use of practical resources and facilities and provide assistance and advice in meeting the practical needs of the science curriculum, including liaising with teaching staff and support staff outside the department;
- To ensure the maintenance of a healthy and safe working environment;
- To contribute to the design, development and maintenance of specialist resources and/or long-term projects;
- To support the Teaching and Learning Leader of Science / Senior Science Technician in ensuring the availability of suitable materials and equipment;
- Under direction and supervision, ensure that both routine and non-routine checking, cleaning, maintenance, calibration, testing and repairing of equipment are carried out to the required standard;
- Co-ordinating the use of, and development of, practical resources and facilities.
- Foster community links;
- Liaise with TLP, service providers, schools and colleges;
- Work to strengthen and enhance The Park Community School’s values and culture;
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Key Function 1: Co-ordinating Practical Resources
Key Function 2: Health and Safety
Key Function 3: Specialist Resources
Key Function 4: General Resources and Inventory
Key Function 5: Clearing and Maintenance
Key Function 6: Practical Resources and Facilities
To undertake tasks as requested by the Teaching and Learning Leader of Science & Senior Science Technician commensurate with this role.
For more details about this role, please see the job description and person specification.
Your completed application form should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interview Date: w/c 4 July 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
NJC Grade C Scale Points 4-6 starting salary £16,633 per annum pro rata, including holiday pay (pay award pending)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
37.5 hours per week, 38.8 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required