Required to start as soon as possible.
The Acorn Multi Academy Trust consists of seven primary schools; St Andrew’s CE Primary, Chardstock, Mrs Ethelston’s CE Primary, Uplyme, Axminster Community Primary, Membury Primary, Loders CE Primary, Bridport, Marshwood CE Primary and St Mary’s CE Primary Academy, Thorncombe.
We are seeking a committed individual to join our Acorn Catering team to collect school meals from Axminster Primary Community School, deliver and serve. A moderate amount of lifting is necessary in the execution of the post holder’s duties such as the movement of dining furniture and carrying of thermal boxes.
Reporting to: Catering Manager
Overall purpose: To carry out duties in a pleasant and professional manner, to the required standard, as directed by the Catering Manager You will be required to wear uniform as per Trust guidelines and, as this is a mobile position, you will need to hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
• Collect and load own vehicle with school meals from Axminster Primary School and deliver to Membury Primary Academy and St Andrew’s CE Primary School, Chardstock and serve the meals in a friendly and pleasant manner.
• Preparation of servery counters and dining areas for service.
• To carry out washing up and cleaning in the kitchen, servery and dining areas as required and return dishes to Axminster
• Follow instructions issued by the Catering Manager.
• Be punctual for start and finish times
• Carry out any other reasonable duties as directed by the Catering Manager.
Acorn Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and anyone applying to work at the school is expected to share this commitment. Online checks will be carried out on all shortlisted candidates, and all appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and checks regarding suitability to work with children.
An application form and further information about the Multi Academy Trust is available by visiting the website Jobs (acornacademy.org).
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationEast DevonDevonDorset
- Occupational GroupManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
A Grade 1: £10.50 per hour plus mileage
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
15 hours per week (Monday - Friday), term time only
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required