Required to start as soon as possible.
We are a successful, vibrant and welcoming primary school in Torquay and we currently have a vacancy to appoint two cleaners. The weekly hours available are 10 or 20 hours per week (Monday to Friday (PM) to be confirmed - 42 weeks per year). This is a pivotal role in school and therefore the successful candidate must be passionate about delivering a high standard of cleaning.
Please specify your preference in your application/correspondence.
We believe in the potential of all children and go above and beyond to provide them with the support that they need to thrive. Sherwell Valley is a great place to work, with wide opportunities and excellent support. We do, require all of our staff to be highly flexible and ready to take on new challenges as needed.
We can offer you an amazing place to work and some great benefits, including:
- Local government pension scheme.
- Eden Red/My Lifestyles - our benefits scheme which provides a range of great savings and perks for staff.
- On-site parking and well equipped school workplace.
- A team of dedicated staff who are passionate about supporting teaching and learning to provide the best start to all children’s education and wellbeing that attend our school.
- A culture of trust which is fair, developmental, and supportive of staff and pupils.
- A strong and achievable school vision and values that are imbedded in our school.
- Supportive team.
- Leadership experience.
Visiting the school prior to submitting an application:
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged. Please call 01803 613296 to arrange either of the above.
About the Selection Process
Those candidates whose applications we are pursuing will be contacted shortly after the closing date and invited to interview. At this stage we will take up references unless the candidate explicitly asks us not to contact a referee at this stage.
This post falls into the category of Regulated Activity. Sherwell Valley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. An enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
An application form, job description and person specification can all be downloaded from the school website at: Sherwell Valley Primary School - Join our Team (sherwell-valley-primary.torbay.sch.uk)
Please email your application for firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interview Date: Week commencing 11th December.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevonTorquay
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
10 hours per week: Grade A, Scale point 2: £5,575 actual salary / 20 hours per week: Grade A, Scale point 2: £11,150 actual salary
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
Post 1: 20 hours per week contract (4 hours per day, PM). Post 2: 10 hours per week contract (2 hours per day, PM)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required