We are a vibrant, forward thinking primary school in the heart of Exeter City Centre, currently in a managed partnership with St Christopher's Church of England Multi Academy Trust. Our values and ethos underpin our operations and we are committed to providing the best possible outcomes for all pupils in our school community. An opportunity has become available for a School Caretaker to work as an integral part of our valued school team. We are looking for a dedicated and conscientious School Caretaker to support in the maintenance of our loved school building. The role will include unlocking the school in the morning, keeping outside areas, drains and gutters clear, taking deliveries, liaising with contractors, maintenance and repair jobs and general caretaking duties. Health & Safety responsibilities include legionella testing/fire alarm testing/water temperature checks as well as a weekly recorded site inspection, identifying any hazards or maintenance requirements and making them safe.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is hard working, flexible and proactive in keeping our site safe and attractive;
• Can use their own initiative and work independently;
• Has good practical maintenance and DIY skills;
• Is capable of undertaking a role that can be physically demanding;
• Has a good understanding of Health and Safety procedures as they relate to school premises (some training will be provided);
• Will act as a main keyholder, including call out for the alarm.
You will join a positive team, who are hard-working, driven and very welcoming.
We can offer you:
• A wonderful opportunity to be part of a team and further develop our successful school;
• An opportunity to work with well behaved children who are motivated learners;
• The support of an established team;
• Local Authority pension contribution;
• A commitment to your continued professional development, through a range of training opportunities;
• Staff discount for any parent/carer who applies for this role and needs to access our Fun Club (before and after school club), subject to spaces being available;
• A competitive annual leave package, with holiday taken out of the term time.
Applicants should be aware that St Sidwell's C of E VA Primary School is currently part way through a process to academise and join St Christopher's C of E Primary Multi Academy Trust on 1 October 2022. Any appointed individual will be employed by St Christopher's from this date.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
An application form and job description are available from www.st-sidwells-ce.devon.sch.uk.
Your completed application form should be returned to the Human Resources team at St Christopher's by emailing email@example.com.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
£13,470 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
27.5 hours per week (7am - 8.30am and 2.30pm - 6.30pm, Monday - Friday), 41 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required