As part of the Senior Leadership Team, take a strategic lead within the school with oversight for finance, human resources, facilities, systems and support, marketing, UK GDPR, commercial activities, Health and Safety, IT and the development and implementation of efficient, sustainable, compliant and quality assured school business operations.
The School Business Manager will work closely with the Headteacher, Deputy Headteachers and other SLT to ensure the school meets its educational aims.
The School Business Manager is responsible for providing professional leadership and management of support staff, in partnership with teaching staff, to enhance overall effectiveness.
The School Business Manager promotes the highest standards of business ethos within the support functions of the school, ensuring effective use of resources.
• Provide a strategic vision and leadership to a wide range of teams within the school to secure continuous school improvement;
• Alongside the Headteacher, ensure the school staffing, structure, infrastructure and resources continue to meet the aspirations for school improvement;
• To support senior leadership colleagues with effective risk management, through raising awareness, strategic planning for risk mitigation;
• Responsible for strategic budget management to ensure sustainability;
• Responsible for day to day compliance with finance policy and ensuring effective deployment of resources, achieving best value for money;
• Responsible for day to day compliance with relevant HR policies and ensuring effective deployment of resources and compliance;
• Responsible for compliance with legislation including health and safety and UK GDPR;
• To ensure a continual focus on school improvement through research and new developments that add value, improve efficiencies, improve quality, reduce carbon footprint and enrich the experience for students and staff;
• To be take a shared responsibility for all non-teaching focused support operations and strategic developments and plans in relation to running and promoting the school, whilst achieving best value for money and optimising its use for the benefit of the school and wider community. Providing a cohesive financial plan to help the school meet its goals;
• To be responsible and accountable for all financial, premises, resources (including staffing), strategic planning and development;
• To rationalise all school financial and material resource planning and management in order to maintain the smooth financial operation of the school, whilst achieving best value for money and maximum utilisation of accommodation/resources and to create a healthy, safe and secure working environment for students, staff and visitors;
• To lead and take an active role within the Operational Leadership team in developing and delivering support services, reducing risk and optimising efficiencies to achieve excellence in the TLP defined standards;
• Provide support and guidance to direct reports and monitor workload and wellbeing of those colleagues.
For more details, please see the job description.
To discuss the role or to apply, please email email@example.com.
Interview Date: 13 July 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation SupportManagement & Senior Management
- Salary Details
TLP special salary scale (points 43 - 48 inclusive) £47,665 - £52,867
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37.5 hours per week, all year round
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required