Required to start 3 January 2023.
• To transform the SEND provision and to ensure that all students within Holsworthy Community College reach their potential despite any learning barriers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• The person appointed as SENDCO at Holsworthy Community College, in addition to carrying out the professional duties of a teacher including those duties particularly assigned to the post holder by the Principal, shall have the following responsibilities:
Key Expectations of the Role:
• To lead and develop the SEND team with strategic overview including policy writing, planning, advising and supporting other staff;
• To ensure that the school complies with the SEND code of practice and meets statutory provision;
• Support and liaise with staff, students, outside agencies and FE/HE employers about the support and progress of young people, including the provision of CEIAG;
• Prepare and manage statutory assessment paperwork and ensure legal and statutory requirements are met for students with SEND;
• Prepare and manage student information sheets which are written based on diagnosis tools and the advice of professionals;
• Organise, chair and manage annual reviews;
• Meetings with carers, parents and outside agencies;
• Regularly report back to the senior leadership teams and local stakeholder boards on progress and performance of the team and the students;
• To ensure effective teaching and learning for SEND students;
• Monitor the quality of SEND support ensuring systems are co-ordinated, evaluated and regularly reviewed;
• Contribute to the safeguarding of all students, especially those with SEND;
• This role has no teaching load attached to it, however, there may be opportunities for small group teaching.
All schools in The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).
For further information and to apply for this post, please visit www.dartmoormat.org.uk (vacancies page).
Interview Date: w/c 17 October 2022