Whitchurch Primary School is a one form entry school situated on the outskirts of the picturesque town of Tavistock, on the very edge of Dartmoor National Park. It is surrounded by some of the most beautiful countryside in Britain.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant to work alongside a child with high SEND.
This role is offered on a fixed term basis, linked to funding.
As an experienced Teaching Assistant, we expect you to be an enthusiastic, flexible and highly motivated individual who can demonstrate effective working alongside the class teacher across all areas of the curriculum.
• Promote inclusion through the development of social skills, language and emotional well-being;
• Liaise with other professionals, both within and outside the school;
• Show a high degree of initiative and be able to react to given situations with integrity and compassion.
• Experience in working with children with SEND and 1:1;
• Experience supporting intimate care;
• Experience supporting children with language delay and social communication difficulties;
• Experience supporting children with behavioural difficulties.
You should have a good standard of general education, specifically good numeracy and literacy skills. You will be able to communicate effectively with children and adults, have a flexible attitude and can-do approach. The successful candidate will be friendly and approachable, with a good sense of humour.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact the office on 01822 616202 to arrange this.
Our Child Protection policy can be found on the school's website Policies | Whitchurch Community Primary School (www.whitchurch-primary.devon.sch.uk). All shortlisted applicants will be subject to an online search. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please apply via www.firstfederation.org/vacancies.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: to be confirmed
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationWest DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade B/C £10.60 - £11.39 per hour
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
32.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required