SEND Teaching Assistant - Brixham College (Thinking Schools Academy Trust)
- Multiple Locations
- Part Time
- TSAT Pay Group 2: £14,182 - £16,750 (£20,252 - £23,918 FTE)
Required to start September 2023.
The post is temporary, initially from September to December 2023.
We are seeking a SEND Teaching Assistants to join our supportive team at Brixham College. The successful candidates will support class teachers in the teaching and welfare of pupils in accordance with academy policy, to meet the Academy’s Aims. There will be a requirement to work with pupils with Education, Health and Care Plans or additional educational needs throughout the Key Stages.
This is initially offered on a temporary basis from September to December 2023, however this could change to a permanent contract for 2 days per week from January 2024.
You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school, and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone.
Brixham College is a successful 11-18 mixed comprehensive school located in Torbay. The College is committed to serving our local community, championing inclusion, and seeking innovative ways to engage students and their families. To find out more about our school click here.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth. We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
View our Trust video to gain an insight into The Thinking Schools Academy Trust and click here to read more about our Trust
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time, with the opportunity for progression as the Trust grows in size.
- Excellent CPD opportunities across the Trust, wherever you are in your career.
- The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme and an annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy, Rochester Grammar School, Plympton Academy, and Brixham Academy.
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccinations, eye care vouchers.
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
- Free parking in our staff car park
- Refer a Friend scheme, where you will be financially compensated for referring friends to the Trust
- Cycle to Work Scheme
To arrange an informal chat with the line manager of this position please contact Mary Currie (MCurrie@brixhamcollege.co.uk).
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
For further information and to apply please visit: https://www.tsatrust.org.uk/careers/
If you experience any issues in applying for this role via our careers site please click here to submit an application via Microsoft Forms
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
TSAT Pay Group 2: £14,182 - £16,750 (£20,252 - £23,918 FTE)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart Time
29.5 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required