Exeter Cathedral School is looking to further enhance its Learning Support department by appointing Teaching Assistants to support our small number of neurodiverse children across the school.
Are you empathic, creative and able to think on your feet? Are you looking for a new challenge professionally or wanting to further develop skills you already have? Do you enjoy working as part of a team as well as having autonomy in your work?
What we offer:
• Working with children who will make you laugh, keep you on your toes and encourage you to think outside the box; • Working with a warm, nurturing team of staff dedicated to ensuring our neurodiverse learners are happy in school and can achieve their potential;
• Training opportunities to further enhance your skill set;
• Working in a school with a rich cultural heritage with an embedded diverse curriculum and a wealth of extra-curricular opportunities where children are at the heart of everything.
What does the job look like?
• Advocating, where needed, for the child;
• Providing 1-to-1 support for children with an Education, Health and Care Plan under the direction of class teachers and the SENDCo. Sometimes the child may work with you in a small group;
• This support will be to ensure that the child is making progress in the core subjects against their starting points but may also entail self-esteem and friendship work as well;
• Acting on advice and recommendations from external agencies and embedding these in classroom practice with the support of the SENDCo;
• Liaising with parents about the child’s day;
• Contributing to meetings and the EHC P process as required with the support of the class teacher and SENDCo.
Currently we have positions in Key Stage 1 and 2 available. The weekly hours and length of contract are wholly dependent on the funding attached to the child’s EHC P.
Exeter Cathedral School is an independent day and boarding Prep School for girls and boys aged 3–13 based in the centre of Exeter (nestled safely in the lee of the Cathedral). Founded in the 13th century as a choir school, Exeter Cathedral School now educates approximately 270 pupils. Exeter Cathedral School is a member of IAPS (Independent Association of Preparatory Schools), the BSA (Boarding Schools’ Association) and the CSA (Choir Schools’ Association).
Exeter Cathedral School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all employees to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Early applications are encouraged as the School reserves the right to interview and appoint at any time.
Please send applications - a completed ECS non-teaching application form with an accompanying letter - to Mrs Rosie Hankin, Support Services Office Administrator: email@example.com.
Closing date: Tuesday 31 January 2023 at 12:00.
Interview Date: For shortlisted candidates are likely to take place on Tuesday 7 February 2023.