Every member of staff plays a significant part in the students’ ability to achieve their full potential and positive outcomes whilst at HHH. To do this we need to work collaboratively with multi-agencies and always as a team, which is essential to the students’ success and achievement.
The SENCO, under the direction of the Principal, will determine the strategic development of special educational needs (SEN) policy and provision in the school, be responsible for day-to-day operation of the SEN policy and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual pupils with SEN or a disability, provide professional guidance to colleagues, working closely with staff, parents and other agencies and be expected to fulfil the responsibilities of a teacher, as determined by the teachers’ standards.
Main duties and responsibilities to include:
• Strategic development of SEN policy and provision
• Have a strategic overview of provision for pupils with SEN or a disability across the school, monitoring and reviewing the quality of provision
• Contribute to school self-evaluation, particularly with respect to provision for pupils with SEN or a disability
• Make sure the SEN policy is put into practice and its objectives are reflected in the school improvement plan (SIP)
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of national and local initiatives that may affect the school’s policy and practice
• Evaluate whether funding is being used effectively, and suggest changes to make use of funding more effective
• Analyse the outcomes of pupils with EHCPs producing termly data reports on pupil progress towards all outcomes.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure for this post, along with the relevant pre-employment checks.
For further information and to apply please visit Vacancies|Holsworthy, Devon|Highgate Hill House School (hhhschool.co.uk)
Interview Date: w/c 30th January 2023 (provisional)