Opus Education are currently working with a MAT in the Devon area, who are looking to employ a Teaching Assistant on a full time basis.
We are looking to appoint outstanding Teaching Assistant with experience of working with challenging/SEN pupils. Our ideal candidate will have excellent teamwork and communication skills, the ability and enthusiasm to make a difference with students who have a range of needs. We look forward to hearing from you.
All roles will be Temporary to Permanent on a 12 week basis.
Main purpose of the Role:
•To assist the delivery of outstanding lessons, leading to significant progression and attainment for all pupils.
• To actively implement the school’s behaviour policy and systems in order to assist the delivery of outstanding education to our students.
• Work with class teachers to raise the learning and attainment of pupils.
• Promote pupils’ independence, self-esteem and social inclusion.
• Give support to pupils, individually or in groups, so they can access the curriculum, take part in learning and experience a sense of achievement
Duties and responsibilities Teaching and learning
• Demonstrate an informed and efficient approach to teaching and learning by adopting relevant strategies to support the work of the teacher and increase participation and achievement of all pupils
• Promote, support and facilitate inclusion by encouraging participation of all pupils in learning and extracurricular activities
• Use effective behaviour management strategies consistently in line with the school’s policy and procedures
• Support class teachers with maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, managing behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
• In collaboration with the Class Teacher, organise and manage teaching space and resources to help maintain a stimulating and safe learning environment
• Observe pupil performance and pass observations on to the class teacher
• Supervise a class if the teacher is temporarily unavailable
• Where applicable, use ICT skills to advance pupils’ learning
• Undertake any other relevant duties given by the class teacher, or Senior Leadership Team
• Support pupils across the school
• Encourage appropriate social behaviour, during school hours both in and out of school and cater for the general welfare of children;
• Accompany children on educational visits under the direction of the Teacher;
• Make, devise and maintain equipment as required, ensuring that the classroom is kept in a clean and tidy condition;
Opus Education is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and Safer Recruitment Procedures will be followed. The position requires a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.