Required to start as soon as possible.
The Headteacher and Governors of Homelands Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced teaching assistant to support children in KS2. We are looking for a motivated team player, who has experience of working with children with SEMH needs and Autism. A positive and encouraging attitude is essential, as is kindness, patience and an ability to use your initiative. You will need to have experience of working alongside staff to plan and deliver a differentiated curriculum and timetable based on the specific needs of one particular child or small group of children. We are looking for applicants who are dedicated to making a difference to children’s lives and to ensuring that every child has the opportunities they deserve.
This post is fixed term and is attached to pupils’ SEND funding, the continued attendance of the pupils at Homelands Primary School and their continued need for support.
The successful candidates will have:
- Experience of working with children with SEMH needs/Autism
- Understanding of attachment
- Experience of delivering 1:1 and/or small group interventions
- A positive and encouraging attitude
- Kindness and patience
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- High expectations
- GCSE Grade C or above, or equivalent, in English and Maths
- A commitment to our school vision, aims and ethos, its community and the school improvement agenda
We can offer you:
- A happy, welcoming and caring school
- Children who are well-behaved, enthusiastic and eager to learn
- A supportive and hard-working team who want the best for our children
- A fantastic, well-resourced environment
- Commitment to your continued professional development
- An opportunity to make a real difference
For further information about this post, please contact Sam Swann, School Business Manager, on 01803 328264. Visits are welcomed.
Please use the application form attached below. Your completed application form should be returned to: email@example.com
Please apply by 9 am on the closing date.
Interview Date: Week beginning, Monday 12th December 2022.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevonTorquay
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade C, Scale Point 3-4: £15,243 (£20,812 FTE)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart Time
31.67 hours per week (Monday - Friday, 8.30 am - 3.20 pm) 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required