This post is required to start as soon as possible and is on a fixed term contract until 31 August 2023 to support a child with an EHCP.
We are currently seeking a 1:1 Learning Support Assistant with experience in working with young children with Social and Emotional Mental Health support. The successful candidate will join our experienced team in supporting the child with social interaction, play-based learning and accessing the school day.
All candidates will be required to:
• Have Maths and English to GCSE level C, First Aid;
• Have a passion for working with children;
• Have excellent communication skills and be able to engage with children, parents and co-workers;
• Have an interest in Special Needs (essential);
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of safeguarding and welfare procedures;
• Be energetic, proactive, self-motivated and have attention to detail.
In return, we can offer you:
• Enthusiastic children who want to do their best;
• Supportive parents;
• Happy staff, who work together as a team;
• A commitment to professional development.
At Blackawton Primary Academy, we aim for a high standard of education for all children that offers a wide range of learning opportunities. We are a Gold Rights Respecting School where we have high expectations of behaviour that are based on respect and developing children’s sense of responsibility and self-esteem.
If you would like a tour or to find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
ESW is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Interview Date: w/c 17 October 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationSouth HamsDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
C4 £21,189 per annum pro rata
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
30 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required