MATERNITY LEAVE COVER
Fixed Term Contract (1 year - Jan'24 to Dec'24)
Special Educational Needs (SEN) Team are looking for a Mediation & Tribunals Officer who will work alongside SEN Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) Officers when cases reach appeal stages.
They will be part of a large SEN team working across the county and responsible for collaborative work with health, care, and school/college providers to collate evidence, prepare witnesses and provide advice on appeal and complex cases.
The post involves representing the Local Authority in SEN Tribunal Hearings and managing the communication and relationship with SENDIST.
They will also be providing instructions and advice on upper tier and /or Judicial Review matters. Excellent communication and time management skills will be essential.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working - The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.