Fixed Term 1 Year
The post holder will provide support to the Virtual School SEN Officer in the delivery of a specialised service in relation to the work of the SEN 0-25 Team and to ensure the Authority carries out its duties under the 1996 Education Act and the DCSF SEN Code of Practice and be aware of the needs of Children in Care and those previously in Care (adopted children and those under a Special Guardianship Orders).
You will take direct responsibility for our Children in Care with an Education, Health & Care Plan, dealing independently with queries from parents, Headteachers, SEN Coordinators and other service users for children and young people undergoing statutory assessment.
You will also take direct responsibility for the timely receipt and collation of reports and advice in relation to the statutory assessment of Children in Care who have special educational needs and ensure completion within statutory timescales.
The post holder will independently monitor and log the receipt of reports and check for outstanding advice on a frequent basis and write or telephone to chase advice from providers (daily).
You will be an important member of the Virtual School Team and work closely with Local Authority SEN Teams both in Devon and in other Local Authorities where our children are living. You will ensure that there is no delay in a child joining a school when they move placements and will ensure that annual reviews are completed on time.
You will have good IT skills including Microsoft Word and Outlook. You will be well organised and motivated, a self-starter and able to work effectively both independently and as part of our team. You will be committed to improving life chances for Children in Care and those previously in Care.
Interview Date: Friday 14th October
For an informal discussion please contact Wendy Ohlson on 07791 312694.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£20,444 - £22,571 per annum, pro rata (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart Time
10 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required