Return to Social Work – Childrens Social Care
Are you a qualified social worker looking to return to a career in social work?
If so, our Return to Social Work Practice (RSWP) programme will support your return by helping you complete the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) required to re-register with Social Work England (SWE). It will allow you to update your skills and knowledge ensuring you return a confident and capable practitioner.
- You must have previously been a social worker registered with Health and Care Professions Council or Social Work England.
- You must not have been removed from the register automatically because of a listed offence.
- You must not have been subject to a removal order within the last 5 years. Or if more than 5 years have passed since your removal order, you have not made an unsuccessful application to restore your registration within the last twelve months.
- You must not have been convicted of a listed offence
About the Programme
The programme is undertaken on a voluntary basis and while successful applicants will not be considered Devon County Council employees, they will undergo pre-employment checks including;
- Disclosure & Barring Service Check
- Occupational Health Clearance
- A ‘Voluntary Agreement’ to support the unpaid or ‘Voluntary’ route to Return to Social Work Practice will be issued to the Returnee and agreed.
There are 3 different types of CPD that can be used to meet the SWE’s re-registration requirements. These include:
- supervised practice – completed under the supervision of a registered professional
- formal study – such as a postgraduate course.
- private study – such as reading journals, attending training.
The RSWP programme aims to help you fulfil the supervised practice part of your CPD with us at Devon County Council in a supported environment. You can also use private and formal studies to contribute to your evidence portfolio. However, only half of your CPD can come from private study.
The amount of CPD required to re-register depends on how long ago you left practice. For example, if you left the register:
- Between 2-5 years ago, you’d need to show that you have spent at least thirty days updating your skills, knowledge, and experience.
- More than 5 years ago, you must show that you have spent at least sixty days updating your skills, knowledge, and experience.
Supervised practice may include any of the following:
- providing information, support and guidance to service users and their families
- undertaking or shadowing assessments
- care planning
- applying legislation
- signposting and liaising with other agencies
- attending team and multi-disciplinary meetings and case recordings
- training sessions
- shadowing social workers and other professionals
- any other activities relevant to the setting
During the programme, you will not be expected to carry your own caseload.
How to apply
Application closing date: 12/02/2023
Interviews will be conducted week commencing 20/02/2023
The programme will start on 10/04/2022
To apply for the RTSW programme, please download the application from the documents below. When completed return the form to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 12th February.
We are holding a webinar on Wednesday 25th January from 7-8 pm, so please join us to find out more and ask any questions you may have. To register for the free online webinar about the programme, go to Return to Practice webinar.
For more information about the programme, please visit our RSWP webpage or contact email@example.com
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationDevonEast DevonExeterNorth DevonPlymouthSouth HamsTorbayWest Devon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
- Job TermCasualFixedPermanentTemporary
- Appointment TypeFull TimeVariable HoursPart Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required