RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKER VACANCY
⭐️ATKINSON SECURE CHILDRENS HOME - EXETER⭐️
Weekend work is expected, which is automatically added to your wages, starting at £30,357 + £687 secure allowance annually – Working towards £35,439 + £687 secure allowance + sleep ins £38 each.
Who are we:
Atkinson Secure Childrens Home is a secure environment with excellent in-house facilities and rated ‘Good’ by OFSTED, we are aiming to become ‘Outstanding’.
Our approach is to provide exceptional parenting to the young people within our care, looking beyond their behaviours to go the extra mile for them and we do this in a safe and therapeutic environment. Atkinson cares for young people aged (10-17yrs) with emotional and behavioural difficulties who have been granted a secure accommodation order by the courts. The young people we care for are often in crisis and require intensive support, intervention, and physical intervention at a last resort, while working on their, education and training in vocational skills and life skills.
You will work an average of 37 hours per week, following a designated shift pattern between 7.15am – 3.15pm, 2.15pm – 10.15pm with alternate weekends, some bank holidays and sleep ins.
Overtime & Saturdays will be paid at time and a half, Bank Holidays & Sundays will be paid at double time. Christmas Day will be paid at triple time.
If you are relocating, we have a room you can rent for 4 – 6 weeks to give you time to find your own accommodation.
If you have any questions, please call Helen or Jemma on 01392 457999
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- This role is subject to Disqualification from Caring for Children (England) Regulations 2002 check.