The Sensory Team are seeking a qualified Rehabilitation Officer for Visually Impaired people to join the team covering the South West part of the County.
You will carry out assessments plus identify and deliver outcome focused rehabilitation interventions to enable adults with a visual impairment and dual sensory loss to live independently. You will also provide professional support and advice alongside specific activities such as equipment demonstration and delivery of daily living skills and mobility training.
You will have a sound understanding of the emotional and social care needs of people with visual impairment, operating within the ethos of the 2014 Care Act, and will possess good communication skills. The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for this post, as is managing difficult or complex issues with tact, persuasion and sensitivity.
Based in South / West Devon, you will be working with your own caseload within the sensory team but will receive specialist supervision and opportunities to develop your skills.
It is expected that the post holder will have a high degree of confidence and motivation whilst being flexible to work across a large rural area, within a multi-professional network. This post will require an Enhanced DBS.
For a discussion about this role, please contact Alyson Badnell on 01392 383949
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationTeignbridgeDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£29,174 - £32.798 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required