We are looking for a responsible individual to work as an Independent Visitor for our four Devon based Children’s Homes. On a monthly basis, the post holder will be responsible for inspecting and reporting to Ofsted on the standard of care given at the Children’s Homes (Short Breaks) in line with section 44 of The Children’s Homes Regulations 2015.
The post holder will work independently when visiting the homes and interact with young people, staff and families who attend the Children’s Homes and also stakeholders, to form an opinion of the standard of care provided.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- 1 visit per month, by the 15th is required;
- A written report is submitted to the Homes manager by the end of week 3;
- The inspection must be when the young people are present this may be mornings/evening/weekends/school holidays;
The post holder must:
- Assess the Homes provision for the young people.;
- Produce reports to a high standard ensuring timely distribution;
- Keep up to date with their own knowledge regarding National and local policies on registration;
- to deal effectively with staff, young people, their families/carer and stakeholders either by telephone, in person in a tactful and sensitive manner;
- Respect confidentiality at all times.
The above outlines the duties relating to this post including the level of responsibilities involved. It is not a comprehensive or exclusive list and may vary from time to time, but will not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility involved.
You will be working across Devon on average 8 hours a month, the salary will be £30 per hour plus travel.
For this post successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Bureau Service check.