The On Call team supports the DCC Social Care Reablement (SCR) teams, working outside normal office hours, 7 days a week, 365 Days a year.
Social Care Reablement (SCR) is a short-term intervention service, supporting people to regain their independence through working towards personal goals in their own home.
Within the role you will be the first point of contact and will answer all enquiries. You will need to establish the nature of any request for information or enquiry and make judgements on the appropriateness of any response.
You will need to think independently ‘in the moment’ about the most appropriate solution to each situation and support to provide a resolution.
The successful candidate will have excellent ICT skills, interpersonal skills, be committed to equality, diversity and good customer service.
Have the ability to multi task under pressure.
Team working and communication skills are essential.
In return, you will be part of a friendly, supportive team with regular supervision and team meetings. Full training will be given.
5hrs per week on a four week rota, working every other weekend 7.30am - 12.30pm Saturday and Sunday.
Flexibility is required to cover sickness and annual leave at short notice.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£24,702 - £26,421 per annum (plus 20% Unsocial Hours Working)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
5 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required