We wish to recruit a permanent Receptionist from 3rd January 2023 onwards or as soon as possible to this date.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, motivated, and well-qualified Receptionist. This is a key ‘front of house’ post within the Academy.
The Academy Reception can be a high-pressured, fast-paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption. Multi-step tasks need to be completed with accuracy and speed. The successful applicant will have excellent administration skills and the ability to communicate effectively with adults and students. Previous experience in a similar environment is an advantage.
The Receptionist role includes the following duties:
- To manage all message distribution to staff, including email messages.
- To be responsible for internal distribution of post to staff and external post duties, including weighing and franking of all outgoing mail and delivering to post box/post office. Responsibility for the operation and updating of the franking machine.
- Calling parents at the request of Senior Members of staff about various matters.
- To provide routine clerical support such as word-processing, photocopying, filing, emailing etc to SLT who require it, this includes the HR Manager.
- To provide routine clerical support for Director of Additional Learning Needs and Skills Centre, as required.
- To be responsible for the entry of curricular academy facility bookings, using the designated software.
- Liaising with outside agencies for room bookings.
- To undertake when necessary, other administrative duties to cover sickness and holidays.
- Maintenance of the Reception area, ensuring a welcoming, attractive and clutter-free environment. Updating and organising notices on the Staff Room Notice board.
- Communications with Parents/Carers – using ParentMail in liaison with the Student Services Administrator.
- Ensuring that parcels delivered to the Academy are distributed quickly and appropriately via the Site Supervisors.
- Advertising School Productions and ticket sales for performances and events.
- Liaising with staff in production of any Academy weekly bulletin.
- Managing the Academy Notices page, clearing information daily.
- Administration for BAPP (Braunton PTA).
- Assisting with updates to the Academy website where required.
- Manage and organise second-hand uniform sales.
- Providing first aid backup where necessary.
- Providing back up for key administrative tasks e.g. attendance.
- Any other duties commensurate with your role.
The working hours are on Monday - Thursday 8:15 am to 4:15 pm and Friday 8:15am to 3:45pm with 30 minutes for lunch each day. 39 weeks a year which is term time and inset days.
Safeguarding: Braunton Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students therefore an online check of publicly available information will be completed to assess shortlisted candidates’ suitability to work with children. The successful applicant will also be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) and full identity and qualification checks. Please refer to the Child Protection Policy on our Academy website https://www.braunton.academy/policies
An Application Pack and a Braunton Academy Application Form is available from our school website at www.braunton.academy – under the Work With Us Section.
If you believe you have the ability, skills and qualifications to fulfil this post, please complete the application form and email it to: email@example.com by 12.00 noon on Monday 5th December 2022. Please note, if you have not heard from us by 6th December 2022, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
Interview Date: Thursday 8 December 2022.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
NJC Grade D7 - D12: £11.59 - £12.70 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required