Receptionist - Avishayes Primary School & Early Years Centre Academy Trust
- Multiple Terms
- Grade 15 Points 3-4 £20,812 - £21,189 pro rata (£10.79 - £10.98 per hour)
Tel: 01460 63050
Required as soon as possible.
Avishayes Primary School and Early Years Centre is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and flexible Receptionist. This role works closely with the School Business Manager and Administrative Assistant on the day-to-day office management; regularly reporting to the Headteacher.
We are looking for a confident Receptionist who can:
• Provide effective and efficient administrative support to the school;
• Work effectively as part of a team;
• Provide a friendly and efficient service to parents.
Main duties will include:
• General office administration;
• Welcome visitors to the school;
• Answer incoming phone calls, and deal with them accordingly;
• Update student records, as required;
• Liaise with parents and caterers regarding online meal ordering;
• Liaise with suppliers of fruit and milk to include updating the Nursery Milk Reimbursement Unit (NMRU) regarding usage;
• Record attendance data and reasons for pupil’s absence, as required;
• Prepare all Early Years paperwork;
• Send necessary communications to parents/carers via letters/emails/texts;
• Prepare letters regarding trips as directed by trip leaders;
• To prepare and circulate Newsletter as directed by the Headteacher;
• Process suspensions, as required;
• Respond appropriately to safeguarding procedures.
The successful candidate needs to be very organised and enthusiastic with excellent communication skills. We are looking for someone who ideally has previous experience in the role and is familiar with school systems. You will need to be able to work flexibly and with good humour, with the ability to prioritise effectively to meet the needs of pupils, parents/carers, staff and Governors.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A DBS disclosure and Childcare Disqualification form are required for this post.
The application form can be downloaded from Avishayes School – Aim High, Achieve Together.
Your completed application form should be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: 9 June 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationSomerset
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
Grade 15 Points 3-4 £20,812 - £21,189 pro rata (£10.79 - £10.98 per hour)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
33.75 hours per week (8.30am - 3.45pm with 30 minutes for lunch, Monday - Friday), 39 weeks per annum (term time plus 5 Non-Pupil Days)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required