Bidwell Brook School, part of the Learn to Live Federation, is a Special School for children and young people aged 3 - 19 with severe, profound and multiple learning disabilities, based in Dartington, South Devon.
In 2014, SEN Statements were replaced by Education Health & Care Plans (EHCP) for statemented children and responsibility for managing EHCPs transferred from the Local Authority to Schools. As Special Schools, it is essential that The Learn to Live Federation develops a robust and innovative process to set up, review and monitor ECHPs for all The Learn to Live Federation pupils. EHCPs focus on the outcomes to be achieved for each young person and are reviewed annually by a joint agency group.
We are looking to appoint a Pupil & Family Support Service Lead to commence 1 September 2022.
An integral part of the Pupil & Family Support Services team, this role will:
• Manage the transfer of EHCPs into The Learn to Live Federation School;
• Develop and manage procedures to co-ordinate and facilitate all EHCP reviews;
• Analyse and report on performance measures;
• Be the named contact in school directly responsible for the management and delivery of all processes in respect of the SEN / EHCP Transfer Reviews in school;
• Develop effective procedures to ensure that all aspects of the SEN / EHCP Transfer review process meet legislative requirements and timescales as set out in the SEND framework and associated policies;
• Organise and monitor the service for pupil centred review meetings, ensuring parents, carers and relevant professionals are in attendance;
• Facilitate all review meetings in school, ensuring that all relevant information regarding the young person is discussed and documented;
• Write reports for each review meeting that comply with SEND Framework and timescales and report to relevant professionals and 0-25 SEN Team;
• Monitor action plans and follow up with/chase professional contacts as necessary;
• Develop positive relationships with other agencies/external professionals who may be able to work with/assist our pupils and their parents/carers;
• Work in partnership with the 0-25 Special Education Team and comply with SEND Framework and associated polices;
• In conjunction with the young person’s class teacher, make referrals to the relevant agencies/service providers on behalf of parent;
• Work collaboratively with parents and arrange training to support parents.
Flexibility and an ability to adapt to changing priorities is essential.
You will have the ability to build supportive relationships with pupils and families. You will be confident, motivated, resilient, solution focussed, empathetic and well organised.
For further information about the role, contact Sarah Bedford, HR Manager, on 01803 864120 or email@example.com.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Visit www.bidwellbrook.devon.sch.uk for a full application pack.
We do not accept CV's.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationSouth HamsDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
From £19,617.45 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
35 hours per week (8.30am - 4pm, with a half hour lunch, Monday - Friday), 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required