Public Health and Community Safety Manager - Torridge District Council
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- £52,800 - £57,887 per annum (pay award pending)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Public Health and Community Safety Manager to join us at Torridge District Council. You will be responsible for the day to day management of a varied team - including environmental health, environmental protection, licencing, housing renewals and community safety. As part of our Operational Management team you will accept joint responsibility with other managers for the Council’s performance.
It is essential that you hold a degree level qualification relevant to the role (unless you have relevant professional institute membership acquired through qualification) and significant experience in at least one area of responsibility.
This is a politically restricted post and a DBS check is required.
Who we are
Our officers are located on the banks of the river Torridge estuary in Bideford, one of the most breath-taking parts of the South West within walking distance of the North Devon Coastline
We look after our residents and visitors providing a wide range of services. All this in an area of 384 square km with a population of 67,000, it's no easy task but our team of around 270 employees are integral to supporting our local area and working hard to provide the best positive service for our customers.
Benefits of Working for Us
We offer a fantastic benefits package, which includes:
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000
- Payment of professional fees
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to an Occupational Health service
- Employee Assistance Programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing as well as savings on top brands
- Annual leave starting at 26 days and rising to 31 days after 5 years service (plus bank holidays)
- Flexi Time
- Social events across the authority
For a confidential discussion about this role, please call Staci Dorey, Head of Legal and Governance and Monitoring Officer on 01237 428763.
To view a job description or to apply for this role, please visit https://careers.torridge.gov.uk/ to submit a CV and covering statement.
Closing Date: 02 April 2023
Interview Date: 20 April 2023.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevonTorridge
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & HealthManagement & Senior Management
- Salary Details
£52,800 - £57,887 per annum (pay award pending)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required