Public Health Staff Nurse - positions available working with either the Health Visiting or School Nursing Team-please state your preference on your application.
Both Part time and full time hours available across East Devon.
Other positions available within Public Health Nursing across Devon-please see there for more detail!
Are you a nurse thinking about working in a different way, promoting health and wellness?
Interested in the opportunity to work with Families and Children within the Community setting?
This is an excellent opportunity for Registered Nurses from a variety of backgrounds and experience to develop their career in working with children and families. You will have the opportunity to deliver the Healthy Child Programme with Health Visitors or School Nurses, to develop skills in public health and multi-agency working to support the health needs of the children and families.
Our Public Health Nurse teams are innovative, enthusiastic and motivated to deliver the best healthy outcomes for children and families within Devon. Excellent peer-based support and supervision will be given while you develop your knowledge, skills and competence.
You should have evidence of recent professional development and an understanding of Community Practice and Public Health Issues. If you have the drive and passion to influence healthy outcomes for communities and families and in doing so help make a difference to the lives of children and families then we would like to hear from you.
Successful applicants can apply to commence an appropriate training programme in the future to be a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (Health Visitor or School Nurse).
- Employee Assistance Program
- NHS pension scheme
- Development Opportunities
- Perks at Work and Discounts Scheme
- Flexible working within service hours
For more information, please contact Charlotte Hearne 07866074830
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.