What projects will I be working on?
We work across the authority with partners and other external organisations to manage the delivery of a range of complex capital investment projects, this includes working with property developers, and education providers such as academy trusts, and the Exeter and Plymouth Dioceses. Projects are typically education establishments, including new builds and expansion projects across the school estate (including academies) to support our statutory duty to provide sufficient school places. In addition, projects include DCC corporate accommodation schemes and the Children’s Homes redevelopment programme. Projects typically range between £10K and £5m with the potential for higher value schemes.
What benefits will I get?
You’ll get a competitive salary, plus a range of benefits that include:
- 26 days annual leave increasing to 31 after 5 years’ service
- Flexible hours with the ability to accrue up to an additional 24 flex leave days per year
- Time off for bank holidays – typically 9 per year
- A generous pension scheme
- Training to support your career goals
- Mentor support to gain professional qualifications
Where will I be based?
Hybrid working is available to all, our main office is in Exeter, where we spend at least two days a week. Our projects are based across Devon.
What do I need to apply?
Experience of Project Management, ideally in a property context.
Minimum of BSc/BA or Level 6 equivalent.
Please click Apply Now to see the Job Description.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working - The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupProject & Programme Management
- Salary Details
£35,411 - £39,493 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required