Fixed Term 1 Year
Business Support and Innovation, part of Economy, Enterprise & skills, is a dynamic team delivering grants, business & social enterprise support and sector development across Devon and the Heart of the South West. We are a fast-moving team where flexibility, professionalism and practicality are key to maximise opportunities for our local economy in a changing strategic landscape.
There are 2 x fixed term contracts of 1 year (with a possibility of extension subject to funding) to manage a portfolio of projects that are supporting businesses recovery from the impact of the pandemic. The postholders will be responsible for ensuring projects are delivered within funding parameters and successfully achieve agreed outputs and outcomes.
Strong knowledge of the economic landscape in Devon and the current challenges and future opportunities is essential. The post holders will take on responsibility from the outset, requiring the adaption, flexibility, and willingness to embrace a forward thinking and dynamic team environment.
As the successful candidate you will ideally have extensive experience in complex project management and / or business engagement and support environment. Due to the nature of the role it is essential that you also have:
- Significant Project management experience and preferably a relevant qualification, for example, Agile, etc.
- Analytical, problem-solving, and prioritisation skills.
- Experience of contract management as the post holder will procure and manage multiple contractors to deliver business support & advice, research, and evaluation.
- Exceptional organisational skills and time management.
- An understanding of economic policy, challenges of the Devon & Heart of the SW economy and knowledge of current agricultural and food policies would be beneficial.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills and ability to communicate with people at all levels (written and verbal) along with good copywriting skills, ability to proof-read and strong attention to detail.
- Good understanding of ICT and experience of using content management systems, e-marketing and social media platforms and tools.
- Budget management, spreadsheet use and detailed financial record keeping.
- Experience of marketing and engagement including market research; advertising; promotion; direct mail; PR; communications; digital marketing; social media and e-marketing techniques.
Devon County Council has an Agile Working policy to demonstrate commitment to supporting a positive work-life balance for employees and a commitment to be Carbon Neutral by 2030. Agile working is an important element of the strategy for adapting to, and thriving in, the working environment following the coronavirus pandemic.
For more information or to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact:
Katherine Malavelle: 01392 382837 email@example.com
Charlotte Molyneux: 01392 383302 firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.