Project Manager (Ref 4849)
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- £35,411 - £39,493 per annum
If you’ve got project management experience in the property field, Devon County Council could be the next step in your career. We’re looking for an experienced Project Manager to work in our Built Environments team where we commission the construction and refurbishment of schools, residential homes and other Devon County Council properties.
You’ll be an excellent communicator, and problem solver who’s able to generate solutions whilst remaining aware of the relevant policies and political sensitivities. You will commission consultants, monitor programmes and budgets, and communicate with stakeholders throughout projects
What projects will I be working on?
We work across the authority with partners and other external organisations to manage the delivery of a range of complex capital investment projects, this includes working with external agencies such as property developers, and external providers such as academy trusts, and the Exeter and Plymouth Dioceses. Projects are typically education establishments including new builds and expansion projects across the school estate (including academies) to support our statutory duty to provide sufficient school places. In addition, projects include DCC corporate accommodation schemes and the Children’s Homes redevelopment programme. Projects typically range between £10K and £5m with the potential for higher value schemes.
What benefits will I get?
You’ll get a competitive salary, plus a range of benefits that include:
- 25 days annual leave increasing to 30 after 5 years’ service
- Training to support your career goals
- Mentor support to gain professional qualifications
- Flexible hours with the ability to accrue up to an additional 24 flex leave days per year
- Time off for bank holidays – typically 9 per year
- A generous pension scheme
Where will I be based?
Hybrid working is available to all, our main offices is in Exeter, where we spend at least two days a week. Our projects can be based across Devon.
What do I need to apply?
Experience of property-based Project Management.
Minimum of BSc/BA or Level 6 equivalent.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working -The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupProject & Programme Management
- Salary Details
£35,411 - £39,493 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required