Fixed Term 1 Year
Devon County Council recognises and celebrates the fact that we live in a multi-cultural Devon. Our aspiration is that all residents, regardless of race, nationality or background, should achieve integration and self-sufficiency in their lives in Devon - be able to independently access local public services, and feel at home and connected in their local community.
However, we are conscious that Covid has had a particularly strong impact on some minority ethnic communities: increasing isolation and segregation and weakening established networks. This fixed-term, one year post will involve engaging with partners from all sectors to help rebuild and strengthen networks, map needs across Devon's ethnically diverse communities and, working with colleagues from the Communities Team, develop new strategies and action plans to address issues.
The successful candidate may or may not have previous experience of working in local government; they may have been working in the 3rd sector or the private sector. Whatever their background, candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- experience of community engagement;
- experience of managing multi-agency relationships;
- excellent communication skills;
- the ability to work independently;
- willingness to travel.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a commitment to improving equality of opportunity in Devon and rebuilding local connections as we continue to emerge from the restrictions of Covid. Although it is a fixed-term, one-year post, the job will provide experience of working in local government and could open up new career paths.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.