Devon’s Digital and Technology Service (D&TS) has a full time, permanent vacancy for an experienced IT Product Manager, specializing in Identity and Access Management. D&TS manage the full life-cycle for Devon County Council’s IT services.
Working for DCC offers benefits such as flexitime, a pension scheme, a park and ride service to County Hall, a staff discount scheme, and a minimum of 25 days annual leave (plus statutory holidays). For more information, please look at our Working for Devon website.
The Identity Product Manager role is responsible for the management and technical leadership of our Identity services, (identity and access governance, management and administration, privileged access management, identify federation, common identify, etc). The post is part of the D&TS Infrastructure Team. Our Identity services comprise of a mix of technologies delivered by the Infrastructure Team along with services commissioned from third party providers. You will be responsible for leading and monitoring our Identity services to ensure that availability and capacity aligns with changing service requirements and SLAs. The role will also provide technical expertise to our Technical Architects in relation to Identity service specifications and technical design changes.
Product Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Line managing a small group of technical staff
- Product vision and leadership
- Product governance and standards management
- Product service design and development
- Product service support
As a Product Manager for Identity and Access Management you will be responsible for DCC’s services that enables the right individuals to access the right resources at the right times for the right reasons. This could include:
- Devon County Council potential, current and past employees
- Employees of suppliers and partner organisations
- People (citizens) requesting and receiving services from Devon County Council, their families, carers or professionals
- Businesses requesting and receiving services from Devon County Council
The post is located at County Hall, Exeter. You must be able to travel to other sites around Devon, and occasionally beyond, as required to meet the demands of the post. However, most Council staff are currently working at home wherever possible, so you must be confident about working with customers and leading your team remotely through on-line meetings.
The Identity Product Manager job description gives an indication of the span of this post’s role and responsibilities. Your application must show how you meet the essential criteria listed in the person specification. Please submit your application by 10th July 2022; interviews will be arranged shortly after.
For an informal discussion contact Andy Pike or Richard Palmer on 01392 383000
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.