Principal Adult Social Care Lawyer
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic individual to the role of Principal Adult Social Care Lawyer.
The postholder will play a vital role in managing, leading, planning and organising the adult social care legal team and will include allocation of cases. The postholder will be the Council’s expert on adult social care and will therefore concentrate on the most difficult and high profile cases and issues (or will ensure such cases are closely supervised by the postholder), will be the main conduit between the Judiciary and the Council and will advise on policy and practice.
Tact, diplomacy and persuasion skills are essential and you will be aware of the Council’s reputation with outside organisations and the Courts to ensure the Council’s reputation is upheld at all times.
This is a politically restricted post.
Please contact Andrew Yendole on 01392382177 if you have any questions or would like any further information.
Please click Apply Now to see the Job Description.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working - The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.