The Principal Estates Surveyor (Project Delivery) is an integral member of the Assets team.
As well as the postholder providing key support and advice on a full asset management service, this role supports the Assets team on the delivery of the Council’s capital programme which includes various projects and development across the Councils estate.
Our property portfolio is wide-ranging and includes:
• Headquarter offices and depots;
• Employment estate and commercial investment property portfolio, including offices, retail and industrial units;
• Housing Property Portfolio, including existing stock and new build affordable homes;
• Public assets such as car parks, public conveniences, harbours and community assets;
• Recreation assets such as leisure centres, playing pitches and play parks.
Projects range from broadening the commercial investment portfolio through both acquisition and development of existing assets, coastal protection works, housing schemes and the maintenance of public assets such as car parks, harbours and Community Assets, including Public Realm and other Leisure assets.
The role requires the post holder to undertake regular site visits, inspections, surveys and associated meetings throughout the locality of South Hams and West Devon. This is an essential part of the role and attendance can be reactive and often required at short notice.
For an informal discussion, please contact Laura Wotton, Head of Assets, on 01803 861364 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OrganisationSouth Hams West Devon Council
- Work LocationWest DevonSouth HamsDevon
- Work Postcode
Remote Working / Tavistock / Totnes
- Occupational GroupOther
- Salary Details
£37,568 - £41,591
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required