Fixed Term 12 Months
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced financial professional as a Principal Accountant working within the Integrated Adult Care Finance team on a fixed term 12 month contract.
The role will support strategic budget management for Adult social care, working closely with the Senior Management Team and senior leaders. Contributing to improvements in systems and processes, will be a key aspect of this role.
The post holder will lead a financial management service at a strategic level to senior leaders, and organise, develop and deliver a comprehensive finance function during an interesting time as we move to a new accounting system, the role will include ensuring systems and processes are in place for financial forecasting and modelling.
The role is suited to a self-motivated finance professional who is an effective communicator, with first class interpersonal skills. Excellent IT skills and a sound understanding of accounting principles are essential, as is the ability to organise and prioritise often conflicting workloads to achieve deadlines and other key outputs with accuracy.
We offer flexible working opportunities with the potential to work from home, the normal work base will be County Hall Exeter.
Devon is an ACCA approved employer, CIMA premier partner and a CIPFA platinum accredited employer. We can support your professional studies and continuing professional development within a challenging but supportive environment.
For further details, please refer to our attached job description and person specification, or, if you would like an informal discussion about the role and what it is like to work for us, please contact Helen Leighton on 01392 383788
Closing date Sunday 10th December with interviews being held on Monday 18th December
Internal Applicants, please note: If you are an existing DCC employee, please use your iTrent Employee Self Service (ESS) details to log in and apply.
Please click Apply Now to see the Job Description.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working - The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.