Responsible to: Lead Caretaker and Facilities Manager
Work Pattern: Shifts will vary between 6.30am - 2.30pm, 2pm - 10pm and 12pm - 8pm Monday - Friday, with weekend shifts on a rota basis 8am - 6pm or 9am - 7pm depending on lettings.
Annual Leave Entitlement: 33 days - includes 8 bank holidays and 3 statutory closing days.
Please note, the salary is pending a pay award that has been offered for union consultation at an additional £1,925.
• Individually, or as part of a team, carry out cleaning duties that are necessary within a designated work area or to flexibly cover other areas as agreed, to meet the required standards;
• Assist in the moving of furniture and moveable fittings as required and the porterage of deliveries around the school;
• Ensure that the premises are made secure if requested, including unlocking/locking of all buildings mornings/evening, setting alarms, issue of keys and maintenance of key holder records, by assisting the Lead Caretaker and Facilities Manager;
• To assist with lettings as requested in evenings and occasional weekends when necessary;
•To be alert and active on issues relating to pupil welfare, safeguarding and child protection and to pass on information and concerns (significant and low-level) to the relevant personnel in the school;
• Replenish consumables as required;
• Take part in training where necessary to carry out your duties effectively;
• Report any building/equipment defects to the Lead Caretaker/Facilities Manager;
• Observe all health and safety requirements during the cleaning operation on, or in assistance with, general maintenance;
• Assist with repairs/maintenance on school premises as required;
• Assist in keeping the school site clean and tidy, including paved and tarmac areas as required and ensure the site is free from litter, mud and weeds;
• To undertake general decoration/maintenance of school buildings;
• Carry out any similar duties as requested within the same grading of this grade B post.
Please download the application form below and, once completed, return to email@example.com.
Interview Date: 22 August 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
NJC Grade B £18,516 - £18,887 (plus a shift allowance of £1,260)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required