Doddiscombsleigh Community Pre-School is a charity run Pre-School for children aged 2 to 4 years of age in the heart of the Teign Valley, just 7 miles outside of Exeter.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, and reliable Pre-School Assistant, who can ensure high quality care and education is provided for every child in our Pre-School family. We operate from a classroom in the grounds of the local primary school with whom we share close links.
The Pre-school provides lots of opportunity and access to outdoor provision including a forest school space which we share with the school.
To see a snap shot of what our Pre-School offers, please watch our promotional video.
Our Pre-School is open during term time, Monday-Wednesday 8:00-5:00 and Thursday 8:00-3:30. Our core Pre-School hours 9:00-3:30 are offered to all our 2-4 year olds. Our breakfast and after school provision is open for children aged 2-11 years old.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Hold a full and relevant DFE approved early years qualification at level 2 or above, and relevant experience in an early years/ nursery setting
- Will be reliable, enthusiastic, flexible and highly motivated working alongside the pre-school team to support children across all areas of the EYFS curriculum
- Will be willing to work in harmony with our current pre-school team and committee of trustees to ensure the safe and effective running of the pre-school
- Will be required to liaise with other professionals both within and outside the pre-school setting
- Will be expected to show a high degree of initiative and be able to react to given solutions with warmth, integrity and compassion
- Can inspire, include and motivate all children to enable them to thrive and make excellent progress
- Has the ability to encourage every child to learn and achieve and has enthusiasm, skill and desire to make a difference
Current Paediatric First Aid, safeguarding training and Food Hygiene are an advantage; however, training can be arranged.
As the post is in a rural setting a driver’s licence and or access to transport is essential.
If you are inspired to find out more, please contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. We are very happy to arrange visits at a mutually convenient date and time.
All successful job offers are conditional upon two acceptable referees and a clear DBS check.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We are closely rooted within the community and hold strong values around parent partnership. We require all staff and volunteers to share these commitments.
- Work LocationTeignbridge
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupChildcare
- Salary Details
£10.50 per hour
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
3.75 + hours per week. Weds 1.30pm - 5.15pm (potential to also include Mon 1.30pm - 5.15pm and overtime as the academic year progresses).
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required