Are you passionate about the learning and development of others? Do you like to keep abreast of research, social care policy and theory? If so, we would be delighted to receive your application for the post of Practice Development Advisor.
About the Role
You will be joined by our team of Practice Development Advisors and Restorative Practice Coaches reporting to the Academy & Quality Assurance Team Manager.
As a qualified and experienced social worker, you will make a significant contribution to staff development by supporting our newly qualified social workers on their ASYE programme and our social work students. There will be a particular focus on the career progression of our Experienced Social Workers.
While a Practice Educator qualification would be desirable, we welcome applications from those who would be willing to undergo the necessary training to acquire this.
Recruitment to this role may be offered as a secondment opportunity to internal candidates who may wish to consider this.
You will have strong organisational, communication and analytical skills and be readily able to apply these skills to the diverse range of work that you will be responsible for. You will be a team player who recognises the strengths in others work and knows how your work can contribute to a whole team ethos. You will know about the challenges and potential for learning and development across the service.
What we can offer you
In recognition of the vital contribution you make, we offer an attractive package of benefits including:
- Dedicated support with regular supervision from line management so you can critically reflect on your practice on a regular basis. Group supervisions are also offered, allowing you to learn from your colleagues and grow the strength of your social work practice together.
- 26 days paid annual leave per year, rising to 31 days with 5 years’ continuous service, plus bank holidays.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme - more information can be found on the Peninsula Pensions website
- Access to our confidential Employee Assistance Programme – available 24/7 to support you with personal and work life.
- Flexible working opportunities, including homeworking (subject to the needs of the role)
- Discounts at over 900 national and local high street retailers through our benefits platform
- Electric Vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- From February 2024 ability to purchase additional annual leave
Click HERE to find out more about our benefits.
Click HERE to hear from our workforce about working for us and why you should join our Children’s Services. Click HERE to find out what our children and young people want to see from our workforce. #TogetherWeCan
For an informal conversation about this post please contact:
Marianne Jackson, Academy Team Manager – Marianne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Applicants, please note: If you are an existing DCC employee, please use your iTrent Employee Self Service (ESS) details to log in and apply.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working -The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.